Lab #5: pull Command
docker-compose pull command pull down the images which is specified under each service of docker-compose file from the docker hub.
|Platform||Number of Instance||Reading Time|
|Play with Docker||1||5 min|
- Create an account with DockerHub
- Open PWD Platform on your browser
- Click on Add New Instance on the left side of the screen to bring up Alpine OS instance on the right side
- Create a docker-compose.yml file
- Pull down the service images
- Pull down image of a single service
Create a docker-compose.yml file
version: '3.1' services: #Nginx Service webserver: image: nginx:alpine container_name: webserver restart: unless-stopped ports: - "80:80" - "443:443" dbserver: image: mysql:5.7 container_name: Mysqldb restart: unless-stopped ports: - "3306:3306"
Pull down the service images
$ docker-compose pull Pulling webserver ... done Pulling dbserver ... done
Checking the images in local
$ docker image ls REPOSITORY TAG IMAGE ID CREATED SIZE mysql 5.7 383867b75fd2 2 hours ago 373MB nginx alpine d87c83ec7a66 2 weeks ago 21.2MB
Pull down image of a single service
Before doing pull make sure you have removed the images(docker image rm <Image_name/Image_ID>) which is already pulled.
$ docker-compose pull webserver Pulling webserver ... done
This pulldown only the webserver service image(nginx:alpine).
Next » Lab #6: Push Command